John R. Parker Jr.
For his second consecutive year, J.R. has been recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer "Rising Star" (2013, 2014), an acknowledgment received by only 2.5 percent of California's qualifying attorneys.
J.R.'s practice includes class action lawsuits, False Claims Act cases, Medi-Cal and Medicare fraud, consumer fraud, defective products and drugs, insurance bad faith, personal injury, medical malpractice, employment claims, civil rights, toxic tort and environmental cases.
J.R. has pursued cutting-edge consumer class actions against well-known companies in the tech industry, including Facebook, Apple, and Zynga. State and federal courts have appointed J.R. Parker as lead counsel in multiple class action cases in California and across the country.
J.R. understands the human impact of personal or economic injuries caused by the carelessness, negligence or willful intent of others. An injury to one is an injury to all, and J.R. is committed to representing ordinary people who lack the resources of the multinational corporations and insurance companies that he holds accountable in his cases.
Areas of Practice
- Class action lawsuits
- False Claims Act cases
- Medi-Cal and Medicare fraud
- Consumer fraud
- Defective products and drugs
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Employment claims
- Civil Rights
- Toxic torts
- Environmental cases
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2002
- Law Journal: Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- University of Georgia
- A.B. summa cum laude - 1999
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, Classics Prize
- Major: Greek
- Major: Latin
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – 2013, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Public Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Sacramento Trial Lawyers
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer mediator for Eastern District of California Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Appointed counsel for the Eastern District of California’s pro bono program